About Your Visit
We offer a wide spectrum of appointment times to accommodate individual needs. Please allow up to 1 1/2 hours for your initial evaluation and treatment. Subsequent visits typically last one hour. Most patients are seen 2 to 3 times per week during the early phases of treatment.
What to Bring
Prior to your visit, please download and complete the new patient paperwork to bring to your initial appointment. You should also bring:
- A written referral from a physician or dentist
- Current insurance information and cards
- A list of medications you’re currently taking
- Loose-fitting clothes, appropriate for exercise (shorts are preferred for evaluation of knee patients and gowns are available for spinal patients)
- Addition completed forms as necessary
Evaluations and Assessments
During the initial evaluation, your therapist will ask you to explain your issue and ask various questions to helps us to determine the cause of your problem. Measurements may also be taken to establish a baseline and to gain a full understanding of the impairment. Following the performance of an extensive and thorough evaluation, an assessment of your problem will be explained to you in detail. Questions will be answered and a treatment program will be developed specifically to meet your individual goals.
There are three typical phases to your treatment.
- The initial phase is to control pain and/or inflammation.
- The second phase is to stabilize and/or optimize movement (if appropriate) depending on the extent of your impairment.
- The final phase of care is active participation in your own recovery process through patient education and individually designed exercise and flexibility programs.
We believe in personalized hands-on treatment. Our goals are to educate patients about their diagnosis, prognosis, outcome and rehabilitation. We strive to assist them in achieving maximum level of performance in activities related to work, sport, leisure and daily life!
Insurance & Billing Information
We accept most private and worker’s compensation insurance as well as Medicare. As a service to our patients, we verify benefits with your individual policy or company prior to your initial visit. Please call one of our locations if you have specific questions.
We are a proud member of the Physical Rehabilitation Network (PRN). If you have a question regarding your medical claims or billed services, please call PRN directly at 1-800-929-4776 option 3. The billing service department will be able to answer any questions you may have.