California Hand Therapy is a division of California Rehab & Sports Therapy. Each clinic is equipped with the most modern tools that are uniquely customized for injuries of the upper extremities. Our hand therapists provide the highest level of skilled care to all patients helping you achieve superior results.
The Art and Science of Hand Therapy
Why Choose Us?
California Hand Therapy is a company dedicated exclusively to the treatment of the upper extremity. Because of the detailed anatomy of the hand and wrist, we have recruited only therapists that have obtained specialized credentials as Advanced Practitioners in Hand Therapy (HTC) or Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). It is the philosophy of California Hand Therapy to not only provide the highest level of skilled care but also strive for absolute patient satisfaction. Patients are seen by a licensed therapist, one-on-one, every visit for skilled hands on care. California Hand Therapy staff are required to annually attend educational courses and conferences to continually sharpen skills in areas such as soft-tissue mobilization, nerve glides and joint mobilization. Each clinic is equipped with the most modern tools in sports medicine that are also uniquely customized for injuries of the upper extremity.
We offer a number of professional services to help our patients achieve superior results.
- Skilled Manual Therapy – Our hand therapists receive extensive training in hands on techniques that include: Joint Mobilization, Nerve glides, Cross-friction massage, Trigger-point massage, Astym® and Myofascial Release.
- Modalities – Every clinic is equipped with the most advanced technology to augment healing, desensitization and pain control.
- Cutting Edge Equipment – Computerized exercise equipment such as the BTE allow for therapist to completely control levels of resistance as well as joints and muscle groups targeted in the progression of each individual’s treatment plan.
- Custom Splinting – All our therapists are experienced with the custom fabrication of both static and dynamic splints as well as utilization of athletic or kinesiotape to augment performance. Customized fitting of scar pads and edema garments allow quicker healing.
- Comprehensive Evaluations – Hand therapists perform detailed examination of the injury utilizing goniometers to evaluate range of motion, monofilaments-sensation and grip/pinch gauges for consistent and reliable strength testing.